Let’s make it gluten free while we spill the tea!
Doesn’t this Gluten Free Blueberry Cake look delish?! With the dark days of January, why not whip this cake up and share with friends and family, guilt-free. Don’t forget your tea
As a health coach, I often recommend that my clients try one new recipe per week. If one new recipe per week seems daunting, at least try one new recipe per month. Food should be healthy, interesting, enjoyable, and fun.
However, gluten-free is not for everyone. Celiac disease and non-celiac sensitivity in people require a gluten-free diet. Always eat a healthy, balanced diet based on your invidual dietary needs. Trade the coconut flour for whole wheat/oat flour if you prefer!
Here is the recipe from the Today Show.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (packed) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
To bake in the oven:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Liberally coat a 6-cup bundt or tube pan with coconut oil spray.
2. Add in all the ingredients except the blueberries to a high-powered blender and blend on high until smooth. Gently stir in the blueberries by hand.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
5. Let the cake cool for 5 minutes before turning it out onto a cake stand. After the cake cools completely, you can then cut it into slices.
To bake in a pressure cooker:
1. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and cover with foil. Pour about 1 cup of water into the pressure cooker. Put the cake pan on the trivet and gently lower it into the cooker.
2. Place the lid on the cooker and set the vent valve to the SEALING position. Using the display panel, select the MANUAL, PRESSURE COOK function, high pressure and use the +/- buttons until the display reads 30 minutes.
3. When the cooking time is up, perform a quick release by moving the pressure knob from the SEALING to the VENTING position. Using caution, open the cooker and lift the cake pan out. Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and remove the foil before turning it out onto a cake stand.